Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

WIP: Life

Tomorrow morning early I head back to London, but I'd like to have a little more time in Ottawa. It was fun catching up with friends I hadn't been able to see before I left in January, and I enjoyed the mostly-crisp, less-smooshy weather. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hit the canal, and also unfortunately, I spent the whole week freaking out about my assignments when it would have been nice to relax. They still aren't done, but I sometimes surprise myself when I work bit by bit, so I'm hoping when I look at them again tomorrow I find them mostly done, with just a little room for tweaking. Hoping against all hope...

On the knitting front, I finally FINALLY got one more ball of yarn and finished Tempting II. No pictures because I'm lazy, and the sweater is indecent. Predictably, even doing more decreases at the yoke than the pattern calls for, I ended up with a huuuuge off the shoulder neckline that is incredibly unwearable. Unless this was the 80s and I wore a high side-ponytail? Yeah, no. I haven't ripped it yet, but my next task will be to take out the neckband, and do more decreases. And MORE! I do admire the way the pattern is constructed. I think it's brilliant to do things seamlessly, and I love how the neckband is attached. I'm totally bored with this project, though, even though I gave it a month-long rest when I ran out of yarn. Sigh. I'm stagnating on Basic Black also. I desperately want to get that done while it's still winter, because I'm tired of this charcoal yarn.

Suddenly I want to knit mittens, scarves, and hats. No more sweaters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment