Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Texture (picspam)

Lots of knitting going on around here, but no pictures because it's all black stockinette stitch. I'm on the right-front piece of Basic Black, having whizzed through the left front. It'll be done by deep, hot summer. Heh. My timing rules. Anyway. I had an amusing yarn-related story, which I may post at some point. For now, suffice it to say that I have bought sock yarn and will commence knitting some jaywalkers on the train home to Ottawa next Friday. (And please ignore the obvious hypocrisy in my buying more yarn while busily packing up my current stash to ship back to Ottawa since I didn't knit nearly enough of it up this semester. I blame grad school.)

Weather is beautiful, but spring is very gray and brown still. We even got more snow this past week, but it melted again. I dragged myself out of bed and went running today, since I feel the need to spend as much time as possible on the path by the river before I move away. I spent most of the winter skirting around its mud and slush, but now that things are pretty dry, I love the fact that if I follow the river I'll eventually get to university.



My walk there a few days ago was all about texture.


This seed pod reminds me of a blowfish.



Someone left a cute little blue clay pot on a log that I passed several days in a row. When I brought my camera back to take a picture of it the other day, it was gone.





The little woods are oddly devastated - an early snow storm ravaged them, and I spent my semester looking at fallen trees through snow. Now the trunks and splinters are exposed again.

And I nearly forgot: I saw the first butterfly of spring!

Terrible photo, but you know. Butterfly!

2 comments: