Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Drops in the bucket: 101 in 1001 update

Photobucket
I stood there taking photos of this bucket for ages, and this was the best of the lot. Next time...

Keeping track of my progress for 101 in 1001 has not happened as systematically as I intended, so I'm going to try to do monthly updates like they do in the Ravelry group that I lurk on and rarely participate. I'm also going to write down precise dates of completed tasks in the future. Not sure why this seems like it would help, but maybe I'm just channeling a librarian-esque obsessive need for organization.

In May, I crossed 5 items off the list.

37. Read King Lear (finished 7 May 2009)
74. Go to 3 classical / orchestral / chamber music concerts [3/3] (Evelyn Glennie at NAC, Nov 26, 2008), (Kanata Symphony, 9 May 2009), (Parkdale Orchestra, May 2009)
35. Earn $5500 (as of 27 May 2009)
42. Read something by Chinua Achebe (Things Fall Apart – May 2009)
75. Get a haircut and donate my hair to a charity (May 30, 2009)

Two of them were cumulative and two of them involved reading. In some ways my reading goals were just an easy way to fill a list, but on the other hand it is encouraging me to read things I didn't get around to reading before for whatever reason. On that note, my first completion of June was another book goal:

33. Read Neal Stephenson’s Cryptonomicon (June 2009)

I'm not really inspired to tackle any of my goals at the moment, which is unfortunate but I'll get over it. The most inspiring ones right now are knitting, but I expect they are appealing because I'm trying to let my hands recover. Oh woe, etc etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment