Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About that pattern-buying-freeze

Turns out I declared my freeze at an inopportune time. This is a great and ethical time for pattern buying from many designers through Ravelry, what with many pledging percentages of their sales to MSF and other charities for relief in Haiti. I've come away with a bunch of things I knew I would buy eventually... so why not now? Namely, Laura Chau's Flora and Fauna e-book, as well as the rather uninspirationally-named Top-down shoulder warmer, and of course Ysolda Teague's Whimsical Little Knits 2 booklet. So far...

(I'm stopping now. Really.)

Photobucket
Plus, the scrunched up beginnings of Ishbel. I know, I am likely the last one on this particular bandwagon, but it's exciting nonetheless! I can tell I'm going to have a hard time photographing this yarn. It's Dream in Color Smooshy, in the Gothic Rose colourway.

1 comment:

  1. I think you made some good exceptions there. I always get excellent value for money from Ysolda's patterns. They must be the only ones where I've knit almost every pattern in a book - sometimes twice!

    ReplyDelete