Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

FO: Quincy

I'm in that in-between period when the holiday is nearly over and all I can think about is the impending journey to the airport. This is unfortunately making me a rather unexciting person. But what better time to share one of my pre-Christmas finished objects.

Photobucket

Quincy, by Jared Flood

No mods to speak of. I used Cascade Eco+ held with alternating strands of some angora blend that I used for a fuzzy mock-cable scarf for my mom last year. I ran out of angora before I finished the crown of the hat, but I like the effect. I intended to make a hat that sort of matched the scarf, since my mom has recently lost a matching hat.

Photobucket

Many others have gushed about the genius behind this pattern and I'll add my own praise. The construction is really neat, and garter stitch is fun! It was a quick project, and I love the finished product. Now I want one for me :)

Now to hope that the uncharacteristically snowy January morning doesn't hold up my bus or plane...

0 comments:

Post a Comment