Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Desperate measures

Photobucket

A little fluffy pink cotton candy cloud on a chilly, gray day.

I excised this handful of Noro from my skein after I couldn't take the pink any longer and I was worried my sock would end up entirely pink with the lovely purple hidden inside my shoes!

Photobucket

I was slow on the uptake, and didn't realize what had happened until it was too late. The chartreuse arrow marks where I found a knot in the yarn and had to rejoin it. In doing so, I screwed up the colour repeat: I knew this was a common occurrence with Noro yarns, but since everything was so pink already, I didn't quite realize that I actually restarted the pink section! Gah. That's why the pink seemed endless.

I haven't ripped back, but by cutting away a handful, I've managed to ensure that there is lavender on the horizon, and I'm optimistic that deeper purples will follow.

The handful of pink yarn looks better on my windowsill than on my sock. It makes me happy. Maybe keep it there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment