Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Knitty - Spring/Summer

I can't remember exactly when I found Knitty for the first time, but it was a few years before I got back into knitting in a big way. It took me a while to get around to actually starting any projects, but I browsed Knitty and bookmarked all kinds of Knitty patterns before there was Ravelry. If I look at my finished projects for the last few years, I only have a handful from Knitty, (seven to be exact), but for whatever reason this free online mag has a place in my heart and in my queue.

Probably because it's free, friendly, and the designers/models generally seem like regular people. I can relate to it, you know? That said, I always have some "WTF?" moments when looking at Knitty, but to be honest I have those moments when looking at any knitting publication.

Here's what I like from the Spring/Summer issue:

Twisted
These socks look like leaves/petals enfolding the wearer's feet. For some reason that really appeals to me. Flower toes! Too precious?

Petrie
So, I don't know if I'll ever knit myself a tank top. But if I do, this one is in the running. I'd need to add waist-shaping, and not make it in sunshine-y yellow (alas, big sigh).

Duck
Gaaaah teh cute. These are completely ridiculous, but what's cuter than baby feet and duck feet combined? Mutant duck-baby creatures. Awesome. I don't know anyone with babies at the moment, and I have a feeling a lot of people wouldn't appreciate the hilariousness of these... but if I find someone who would, I'll totally make them.

Emmaline
This is really growing on me. When I first saw the Knitty cover, it didn't grab me at all. But now I kind of like it. I like that it is empire waist styled, but also has proper waist shaping. You know me and my waist-shaping fixation... It's like an empire-waist thing I could possibly get away with wearing. Maybe. Not sure if I could pull off puffed sleeves in bulky yarn, though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment