Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pink Progress

Photobucket

I'm working away on my Noro Delicious sock. I'm finally at the calf shaping, but at this rate I'll be finished by fall. So much for spring knee socks! This has become my coping sock. I bring it to university and knit between classes, during class breaks, in the hallway, at Tim Hortons, wherever I am when I feel like I'm about to start twitching. Ahhh knitting as a relaxation technique. Only a few more weeks... Do you have a special project for relaxation?

The colour is a slight hindrance to relaxation, though. As you can see, the sock is going through a pink phase. So pink. There's an impressive number of pinks represented so far, from pale baby pink to fuschia, but many of them fall into the category of "shocking," I think. I'm excited for the purple to come back; I don't want all the purple hidden in my shoes!

I may have mentioned before that I don't generally wear pink these days - my face is pink enough as it is. However, I figure I can get away with pink on my feet. The endlessness of this pink segment is bogging me down a bit, since I'm sort of tired of looking at it. My next project may be something gray.

Photobucket

Here's an awfully contorted shot to show the cable up the back. I haven't been counting rows between cable crosses, so they are not the most even, but I don't really care at this point. What worried me at first was that it looked like the cable wasn't actually in the centre of the back of the leg, even though there were the same number of stitches on each side. It looks more centred now, though. So I'm just going with it. I'm so slow, I couldn't bear to set myself back another month by frogging!

0 comments:

Post a Comment