Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

Tasty things

I suffer from a common blog ailment that causes me not to take pictures of things at suitable times when there is enough light. This happens especially frequently with food, which is why I don't blog about food much. To begin with, I tend to cook and bake when it's already dark, and this time of year at 55°57'N doesn't yield a whole lot of daylight. I blog, but I'm not committed to changing my lifestyle in order to have better photos for the blog, so it's probably going to stay that way. Another reason is that I make mostly unphotogenic food at the best of times. Mmmm one-pot-meals.

On that note, here are some unphotogenic cheesy bisuits I made the other day. (Biscuits in the American sense, in this case).

Photobucket

I think they look like cheesy beasts of doom.

Photobucket
Raaaarrrr.

Cheese-beast Biscuits aka Baking Powder Biscuits

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 cup milk
Extra mature cheddar

Stir together dry ingredients. Add oil and milk, and stir quickly. Add grated cheese: I didn't measure how much I used, stupidly, but it depends on how cheesy you want the biscuits to be. Experiment. Knead the cheese in gently 10-12 strokes on a floured surface. Divide into 12 parts, roll into balls, and pat down to 1 inch thick on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle extra grated cheese on top, if so desired.

Bake at 350 F / 180 C for 15 minutes, or until golden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment