Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

FO: wibbly manos cowl scarf thing

Inspired by the spate of circular/infinity scarf/cowls appearing lately, I made up my own using some wavy wavy cables. I do love cables.

Photobucket
Ravelry project page

Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend is so soft and drapey and wonderful. I love knitting with it, and I think it is perfect for cowl and scarves. This cowl took one 100 g skein in the Danube colourway.

Photobucket
Not colour accurate

Photobucket
T-shirt from The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage. Let's fight crime with maths!

I wrote up my notes for this project, thinking I'd try to publish it as a free pattern, but I've been hit by some knitting stagefright. What if it isn't original enough? I'm not entirely happy with how it hangs, maybe it's the wrong length, it's not perfect. I'm coming into conflict with my own unperfectionism. Help! Haha. Just let me get over myself and it will be fine.

Photobucket

Anyway, it's too warm to wear it today - 12 degrees! In February! I can't believe it. Yesterday was my birthday, and at a high of 14 degrees Celsius I think it was the warmest birthday I've ever had. Wow.

More FOs at Tami's Amis

11 comments:

  1. I think you should share it, it looks great!

    If you want to share but are worried that something is wrong about it, there's a great group of Ravelry called Free Pattern Testers; you could get a few people to test knit it and get their thoughts, and make sure your pattern is truly perfect before releasing it to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I wouldn't complain about it being too warm to wear it, though... bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time you publish a pattern is so scary. But you get over it. The joy you experience the first time someone posts a photo of their version is so exciting.

    I agree with Katili about the the FPT Group. They are amazing. I've learnt so much from them, both from having patterns tested and also from testing other people's patterns. Having it tested will help settle your nerves in a major way.

    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wavy cable scarf/cowl -- you did a great job on it. The color is also yummy. I have some Silk Blend in my stash, now that I think of it, I just haven't decided what to make with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is, GO FOR IT! The cowl is great. The wonderful thing about patterns is that if you don't like something about it, you can always change as you go. That's what I do (okay admittedly it gets changed because I messed something up, but I always say I did it on purpose)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wavy stitch pattern is great. I would love to see the published pattern

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    I say publish it. It's a beautiful pattern. I know I would love to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should publish it. I think it came out great one can never have too many cowls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your wavy cowl. Before I even scrolled down to your paragraph about knitting stagefright I was thinking, "I hope she will write up the pattern."
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely pattern; you should publish it. :) It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's glorious - .... It doesn't look to long - it hangs beautifully. Just jump in... I am sure people would by it! Add it to the pattern database on Ravelry :O). Love B

    Oh - I see you are wearing the T-shirt! yeah! such a great idea - fighting crime with maths :0) - I bought Med but maybe next time I should buy Small - let me know for the future. xxx

    ReplyDelete