Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

finished?

My wedding shawl is done! I think. Bound off, removed all the lifelines except one, bunged it in a bath. (Perhaps more like "placed gingerly" in a bath...)

Photobucket
Braaaaains

Not going to lie - it looks a little small, even though I knitted one more repeat than called for. I'm optimistic that blocking will make it expand to fit my imagination, but if it doesn't, I've still got a lifeline in there and plenty of yarn left, so I can add some more lace.

Photobucket
Lumpy pre-blocking shot
I love watching the transformation of blocked lace, and I'm very excited about this piece in particular. It is definitely the most complicated lace I've ever knit, so I hope it will be worth it. Exciting times, people!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, it looks gorgeous pre-blocked, can't wait to see how it looks once it is actually blocked :) I'm sure it will be big enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by seeing the picture I can tell you that I think it is completely worth it! It looks amazing and I'm sure that the blocking will make it perfect (check out the blocking before and after board on Ravelry).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, its stunning just as it is... can't wait to see it blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's going to look amazing. I'm sure it will grow a lot when you block it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see it blocked ... and then worn on the big day! Congratulations on getting this completed - good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is beautiful! Cant wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete