Pages

Thursday, January 02, 2014

2013 - year in knitting

In 2013 I completed 12 projects - that's more than last year, although quantity isn't what counts! One more and I would have managed 13 in 2013... oops. Here they are in mosaic form.

 photo 2013mosaic_zpsa9ff3d67.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom: (All links are to my ravelry projects)

1. Almond Comfit by Ysolda Teague
2. Gnarled Oak Cardigan by Alana Dakos
3. Celestine by Norah Gaughan
4. Drachenswanz by Klangsonne
5. Annis by Susanna IC
6. Little Sister's Dress by Tora Froseth
7. Twilight socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
8. Color Affection by Veera Valimaki
9. Magrathea by Matina Behm
10. Noro Striped Scarf
11. Pomatomus by Cookie A.
12. Beekeeper's Quilt by tiny owl knits

(Disclaimer: I didn't so much "finish" my beekeeper's quilt as decide I was never going to make it quilt sized, sew up what I had, and made a wee beekeeper's mat. Not sure what to do with it, but it's as done as it will ever be. eta - I don't even have a picture of the "finished" mat, but it has more puffs than the pic above!)

Before me I see much neckwear! Yikes. I had no idea I was making shawlettes and scarves to the exclusion of all else.

Last January I made some loose knitting goals. Did I accomplish them?

My knitting goals for next year aren't very focused, and are subject to change. I'd like to do some more lace, and make a few cardigans. I'd also like to make some gifts for my immediate family, since I haven't made them anything for the last two years.

Kind of. I made one cardigan--the only sweater I made all year--so that's a partial success. I did a bit of lace, though I didn't really stretch myself in that respect. Finally, I made socks for my brother and a scarf for my mother, so I count my gift quota as fulfilled.

In 2014, I have some more concrete goals, though I reserve the right to change them at any point. I would like to knit at least two sweaters for myself, and aim for 14 FOs in 2014. (I know the numbers don't matter, but I came so close to 13 last year without even realizing it, so I think I can manage 14 this time.)

Whahey! Bring on the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you! Maybe you can find a small place where the beekeeper "quilt" can help limit drafts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collage of your 2013 accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely projects! It is rather fun to look back at the year's projects and scope out the common themes. Like you, I didn't realize how many neck thingies I had made. Happy New Year and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete