Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2015

FO: Varia

A few weeks ago I started and finished a project without it making an appearance on the internet.

Yeah, it was quick! I love an instant gratification project every now and then.

 photo IMG_8561_zps8yvbkeqp.jpg

Pattern: Varia by Alex Tinsley

Yarn: Jamieson and Smith 2 ply Jumper Weight (held double).

Notes: No mods, super quick, very enjoyable. J&S is maaaaybe not the best yarn for slouchiness, at least not at this gauge, since it is quite sturdy. But it is certainly the best yarn for colourwork.

 photo IMG_8566_zpswmidhbbx.jpg

My grandma requested another hat, and as I have already made her two Coronets, I wanted to try something different this time. When pressed, her brief was "something with various shades of blue." So here we are! In the shop, the middle shade looked more blue than teal - but as it turns out, the world is conspiring to make me buy teal yarn even when I don't realise I'm doing it. I'm onto you...

Linking up with FO Friday a day late here.

7 comments:

  1. Love the shades. I always look at gradient packs, but never know what to do with them. Now i know! You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's lovely...I'm sure she will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely in various shades of blue! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this ombre mix. Great beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is really pretty! Love the scallops in the different shades of blue. Will be adding this to my Ravelry queue - am such a sucker for a pretty hat. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, that is so beautiful!! I love the shades of blue, it's a stunning hat. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I've loved that hat ever since it came out. So simple, but such a cool result! And yours looks great. Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete